Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #21 Podcasts and Audio Books

I've really enjoyed listening to podcasts. Why? Mostly because I can download them and listen to them while working out. It makes me feel like I can accomplish multiple things at one time. I've created audio-only podcasts before using Audacity, which is a wonderful and easy-to-use program. This was my first time to create a vidcast. I used both Audacity and PhotoStory. It took a lot longer than I thought to create it, especially because the total video time is less than 5 minutes. I think that the effort was well worth it, though. This way, people can learn about this great resource without having to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Here is my vidcast introduction to Thinkfinity, a good search engine for educators. (The music at the end is "The Battle" by J Underberg from Podsafe Audio.) Enjoy!


3 comments:

VWB said...

What a nice presentation...we will be using this I am sure!
Another example of collaboration available when we build community!
thanks

JAMS said...

Wow, this makes my little photostory seem simplistic. I hope to use your material this next year. Thanks.

the changing brain said...

I'm so glad that my vidcast will help you! Thanks for reading, and thanks for your comment!