Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing #17 Rollyo

This was the first time I had ever heard of Rollyo, so it was fun to play with this tool. Here is my "Edubloggers" roll, in case you are interested in searching some of my favorite edublogs.

I can see how this would be extremely helpful in the classroom in order to limit the amount of irrelevant information students retrieve from traditional search engines. I also like the fact that you can publish a link to a roll so that it is easy for students to find without having to know a separate username and password. Being limited to 25 sites could be a problem for upper grade levels where using more sites might be more beneficial.

I've also read this post on Alan November's blog about using Google to create a customized search. I'll have to try that next and compare it to what I've learned about Rollyo.

Happy searching!

No comments: