Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #8 RSS Feeds and Readers

I started using RSS feeds and readers last summer. I used Bloglines for a while, and then I used the feature within Tunderbird Mail to aggregate my feeds. So, creating a Google Reader account was a fun activity to try.

I like using RSS feeds and readers because it makes it so easy to track news from multiple sources at once. Google Reader makes this particularly easy with the "read all" feature.

I use RSS feeds in my professional life to keep current on new trends in educational technology. In my personal life, I like to read news articles about my hobbies through RSS feeds.

A school library could create an RSS link to aggregate current school news stories for students and parents to easily access. This would make it easy for parents to keep up with eveything about the school--from team sports scores to emergency school closings.

No comments: